Top Gaibandha Tourist Spots are Rajabirat Palace and Naldanga Zamindar Bari.
Gaibandha is in Northern of Bangladesh. It is a part of the Rangpur Division and located on the bank of Brahmaputra River 25°02´ and 25°39´ north latitudes and in 89°11´ and 89°46´ east longitudes. Area is 2179.27 sq km. The ancient name of the area was “Bhabanigonj”. It has become a district in 15 February 1984. It has 7(Seven) Upazilas, 3(three) Municipality and 82 Unions.
Top Gaibandha Tourist Spots / Places
- Baguria Tahshil (revenue) Office (nineteenth century)
- Bhabaniganj Post Office (1858)
- Bamandanga Zamindar Bari(1259)
- Gaibandha Municipality park
- Ghaghot River bank
- Kashtha Kali Mandir at Bharatkhali
- Mirer Bagan Shah Sultan Gazi Mosque at Gaibandha Sadar (1308)
- Naldanga Zamindar Bari
- Palace of Raja Birat in Gobindaganj (743-800 AD)
- Pourashava Bhaban
- Shani Mondir
- Tomb of Pir Ibn Sharfuddin,
- Vardhan Kuthi in Gobindaganj upazila (17th century)
District Profile at a Glance for Visitor
|Area / Map||2114.77 sq km / Map|
|Distance||240 km km From Dhaka|
|Main River:||Ghaghat, Karatoya, Bangali and Tista river.|
|Border||Kurigram and Rangpur to the north, Bogra to the south, Dinajpur and Rangpur to the west, and Jamalpur and Kur igram, and the Brahmaputra River to the east.|
|Upazilla||Fulchhari, Gaibandha Sadar, Gobindaganj, Palashbari, Sadullapur, Saghata and Sundarganj .|
|Main Bus Terminal||Stand is Opposite of S.A. Kadir and Sons|
|Train Station||Near Station Road|
|Airport||Nearest Airport is at Saidpur|
|Highest average temperature: 33.5°c Celsius|
Lowest average temperature: 10.5°c Celsius.
Average amount of rainfall is 2536 mm.
|BD Govt. Website||www.gaibandha.gov.bd|
Related Website Links