Jamalpur Tourist Spots are Zamindar at Fulkocha, Narapara Fort, and Harish Chandra Dighi at Chandra and much more. The place is famous for Nokshi Kantha .
Jamalpur District Information
Jamalpur is a district under Mymensingh Division, Bangladesh. It startsas a district on 26 December 1978. The town is located on the bank of Brahmaputra River.
The city is connected by road, rail, and river with Dhaka and the rest of the country. It has a railway big junction. There is an Asian Biggest Fertilizer Factory at Sharishabari and a sugarcane factory at Dewangonj upazila. Main Rivers are Jamuna, Brahmaputra, Banar, and Jhina. Postal Code is 2000.NWD Code is 0981.Official Website is www.jamalpur.gov.bd.
The district consists of 7 Upazilas, 6 municipalities, 68 Union Parishads, 57 Wards, 224 Mahallas and 1532 villages. Upazilas are Dewanganj, Baksiganj, Islampur, Jamalpur Sadar, Madarganj, Melandaha, Sarishabari, and Narundi Police I.C.
The district is bounded By Kurigram, Sherpur and India to the north, Tangail to the south, Mymenisigh and Sherpur to the east,Bogra and Jamuna River to the west.
Weather / Temperature
Highest average temperature is 33.3°c Celsius. Lowest average temperature is 12°c Celsius. Average amount of rainfall is 2174 mm.
Jamalpur Tourist Spots
- Tomb of Hazrat Shah Jamal (R)
- Dayamayee Mandir
- Radhanath Jeur Mandir
- Sholakuri Hill at Nandina
- Ranipukur Dighi at Sreepur
- Harishchandra Dighi at Chandra
- Tomb of Hazrat Shah Kamal (R) at Durmuth,
- Kuthibari of Pradyut Thakur
- Radhanath Jeu Mandir
- Kali Mandir,
- Durgabari and
- Tomb of Itapir
- Talukdar Bari Jami Mosque
- Sree Sree Lakshminarayan Mandir
- Tartapara Neel Kuthi (nearly extinct)
- Remnants of Neelkuthi at Basuria
- Remnants of kacharis (revenue offices)
- Dighis of Fulkocha and
- Mohiramkul zamindars
- Five domed Raspal Jami Mosque (nineteenth century)
- Narapara Fort (sixteenth century)
- Lauchapara Paharica Amusement Park
- Memorial monument of martyr freedom fighters at Kamalpur
- Goro hill
- Remnants of neelkhuthis at Nilakshmia
- Land port of Dhanua Kamalpur
- Sholakuri Hill at Nandina,
- Ranipukur Dighi at Sreepur,
- Pingna Madrasa in Sarishabari (Emperor Shahjahan’s period)
How to Go
Bus and train are the main transpotation from Dhaka. Mahakhili is main bus hub for Dhaka.