Jhalakathi Tourist Spots are Shiva Temple, Kirttipasa Landlord House and more. Shital Pati is a popular item of the district.
Jhalokati is a district in South-western Bangladesh. It is a part of the Barisal Division. With an area of 758.06 km2, Jhalokati the Nabogram Union by Barisal district to the north and east. Barguna district and the Bishkhali river in the south, Lohagara Upazila and Pirojpur district to the west. Postal code is 8400. Government official web portal is www.jhalakathi.gov.bd.
Main rivers in this district are Bishkhali, Sugandha, Dhansiri, Gabkhan, Jangalia and Bamanda, Bazitpur river.
Jhalokati district has 4 Upazilas. They are Jhalokati Sadar, Kathalia, Nalchity, and Rajapur.
Top 10 Jhalakathi Tourist Spots
Remnants of the Ghoshal Rajbari
- Nurullahpur Math
- Shiva Temple – It is at the Ponabalia Union under Sadar Upazila. Name of the village is Hasra Gati. Every year, in the month of Falgun, there hold a fair in front of the Mandir for three days long.
- Tomb of Angir Shah at Shekherhat
- old Municipal building
- Hazrat Daud Sha Mazar
The Shrine is at Sugandhia Gram near Binoy Kathi College under the Nabogram Union in Jalokathi Sadar.
- Mia Bari Mosque
It is three Dome Mosque at Varukati Gram under the Nabogram Union in Jalokathi Sadar.
- Guava market
The floating market on the river at Bhimruli has become a tourist spot in Jhalakathi.
- Kirttipasa Landlord House
It is near Kirtipash bazar. Palace was in the name of King Kirty Narayana. Ramjibon Sen was the founder of Kirtypasha palace.
- Tank of Beshanai Mallik- Kirttipasa Union.
- Sujabad Kella (1639)
- Civil Court Building (1781)
- Tara Temple
- Zamindar Bari (Baroikaran)
- Surichora Jami Mosque (Mughal period),
- Sujabad Qilla (Mughal period).
- Rajapur Saturia Palace
Rajapur Saturia Palace Saturia is an ideal village
- Jibonanda das Mothers Home
Maternal uncle House of Jibonanda is in here. Dhanshiri river is a dream of our natural poet Jibonanda Das.
Dhanisiri Rest House is near KaliBari road. It is a very cheap hotel. Government guesthouse is also available here.
Both in winter and rainy season are the best time to visit the place. It sis one of the beautiful tourist spot in Bangladesh.