Mymensingh Agricultural University established in 1961. Another name is Bangladesh Krishi Bishsobidyalaye. Presently the University ranks 8523 globally. It is one of the finest institutes for Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science at Mymensingh.
About Mymensingh Agricultural University
The varsity has six faculties and 43 departments of agricultural education and research facilities. BAU or Bangladesh Agricultural University is the second high budget the public university of Bangladesh offering unparalleled agricultural and farming studies, and for that, it has been recognized across Asia. The picturesque Campus Area consists of 4.85 km on the western bank of Brahmaputra River, which is around 120 kilometer from Dhaka and 3 kilometers south of the district of Mymensingh.
Academic Faculties and Departments
- Agricultural Engineering and Technology
- Veterinary Science: Anatomy & Histology, Parasitology, Medicine, Physiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology & Hygiene, and Surgery & Obstetrics.
- Agriculture: Agronomy, Soil Science, Crop Botany, Agricultural Chemistry, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Plant Pathology, Horticulture, Entomology, Agricultural Extension Education, Physics, Chemistry, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Agroforestry, Biotechnology and Environmental Science.
- Animal Husbandry: Animal Breeding & Genetics, Agricultural Statistics, Animal Nutrition, Cooperation & Marketing, Animal Science, Poultry Faculty of Agricultural Economics & Rural Sociology: Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Finance, and Rural Sociology.
- Agricultural Economics & Rural Sociology
- Fisheries: Fisheries Management, Fisheries Biology & Genetics, Aquaculture, and Fisheries Technology.
Faculty of Agricultural Engineering & Technology: Farm Power & Machinery, Farm Structure, Food Technology & Rural Industries Irrigation & Water Management, Computer Science & Mathematics.
Admission Procedure and Eligibility:
They offer admission in undergraduate, master in science and doctor in philosophy. Every year they offer admission after HSC examination result published. Candidates who are interested to get admitted for the UG Programs should have to score 7.50 CGPA total in SSC and HSC. And they must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics with at least “B” before seeking admission in Mymensingh Agricultural University. Admission forms are available on their official website.
Scholarships: Visit www.bau.edu.bd/Scholarships for the latest updates on the scholarship programs offered by Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh.
Hostels and Accommodation for students:
The Boys have to stay at the famous Halls namely-
Shaheed Shamsul Haque Hall
Ishan Khan Hall
Ashraful Haque Hall
Shaheed Nazmul Ahsan Hall
Hossain Shaheed Shuhrawardy Hall
Shaheed Jamal Hossain Hall
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Hall
Fazlul Haque Hall
The Girls halls are:-
Sultana Razia Hall
Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib hall.
Taposhi Rabeya Hall
Contact Address Location
The campus, with an area of about 1200 acres is located in scenic rural surroundings on the western bank of the old Brahmaputra River, 5 km south from Mymensingh Railway Station and 120 km north from Dhaka, the capital city of Bangladesh. It also houses two national research institutes, namely, Bangladesh Institute of Nuclear Agriculture (BINA) and Bangladesh Fisheries Research Institute (BFRI).
Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh
Official Website: www.bau.edu.bd