Rajshahi Tourist Spots are Puthia Temple, Godagari Royal Palace and more. Mainly this town is known as education city. Rajshahi, one of the oldest city of Bangladesh is full scenic beauty and historical background. It is the western metropolitan city and the main center of Rajshahi division.
“Rajshahi” this word comes from two different forms. One is Rajas (from Hindu Maharajas and zamindars) and other is persianized Shahi. These two words hold up the meaning “Kingdom”.In 1991, this big city was named as the City Corporation.
This district is divided into 9 sub-districts/upazilas. These are : Bagha, Baghmara, Charghat, Durgapur, Godagari, Mohanpur, Paba, Puthia and Tanore. This city is known as “Silk City” because of huge production of Resham (silk) and the National Silk Board is situated here.
List of Top Rajshahi Tourist Spots
Rajshahi city is full of interesting places and tourists spots. Every year lots of tourists come to visit these exciting places. Some of the Rajshahi Tourist Spots are:
- Bagha Mosque
- Bagdhani Mosque
- Bara Kuthi
- Bhuban Mohan park Captain Mansoor Ali park
- Borendra Museum
- Cadet College
- Dolmancha (Putia)
- Godagari Royal Palace
- Govinda Mandir
- Gopal Mandir
- Graveyard of Mirza Alikuli Beg
- Hazrat Shah Sultan Bagdhani Mosque (Paba upazila)
- Jami Mosque (Tanore upazila)
- Kismat Madina Mosque
- New Govt. Degree College
- Porsha Royal Palace
- Puthia Temple Complex
- Puthia Rajbari Complex
- Puthia Rajbari was built in 1895 for Rani Hemanta Kumari.The place is used by Lashkarpur Degree College.
- Rajshahi Sugar Mills
- Rajshahi Medical College
- RU University
- Sarda Police Training Center
- Shahid Qumruzzaman central park
- Silk Industry
- University of Engineering & Technology
- Talando Shiva Mandir (1860), Rajbari,
- Tomb of Hazrat Shah Makhdum (R)
- Tomb (Mazar) of Hazrat Shah Sultan (Godagari upazila)
- One domed Ruipara (Durgapur) Jami Mosque (sixteenth century)
- Two domed Kismat Madia Mosque (eighteenth century),
- Three domed Bhagna Jami Mosque at Tanore upazila (1223 AH )
Accommodation Hotels & Restaurants
Lots of starred and unstarred hotels, rest houses and restaurants are built here. Some of them are:
- Hotel Dallas International, (Bindur More, Rail Gate)
- Hotel Gulshan (Station Road)
- Haq’s Inn (Bir Shrestha Captain Mohiuddin Jahangir Sarani, Shiroil)
- RDRS guesthouse
- Purnima etc. and many more are popular restaurants.
- A tourist may get exciting souvenirs at these restaurants.
Rajshahi is one of the beautiful city in Bangladesh. That is why many tourists and newcomers to Bangladesh put their feet on this city every year. As the transportation and other particular things are easy and affordable here, a travel lover should visit at least once to enjoy.