Moulvibazar Tourist Spots are Madhabkunda waterfall, Hakaluki Haor and Lawachara National Park and more. The District is under Sylhet Division.
Moulvibazar District Information
The name Moulvibazar (মৌলভীবাজার) comes from Maulvi Syed Kuttub Ullah. Shital Pati is one of the special product of here from Rajnagar.
It is in the North-Eastern part of Bangladesh. It is surrounded by Sylhet in the north, Habiganj in the west and India Tripura in the east and south. The main rivers are the Manu, the Dholoi and the Juri. There is a unique combination of hill, plain land forest, and Haors. Moulvibazar had an Airport at Shamsernagar under Kamalganj Upazila. Tea is the main crop of this districts, and recently orange tree has been planted. Other crops are pineapple, and lemon is available in here. The district has 200 hectares of orange garden area.
Moulvibazar Tourist Spots
- House of Syed Mostafa Ali
- Shah Mustafa Tomb – the southern part of Moulvibazar on the bank of Berirapar.
- Grave of 7 martyrs in 1971, near Shah Mustafa Tomb
- Maulvi Syed Kuttub Ullah House
- PTI College Torcher cells 1971 at Mission Road.
- Barshi Jora Eco Park, 2 km from Moulvibazar Sadar
- Khojar Mosque at Goygor built in 1476
- Sweet of Manager Store
- Monu Barrage and Lake
- Islampur London House
- Sreemangal Upazila
- Barolekha Landscape
- Madhab Kunda Eco Park
- Madhabkunda Water Fall – It is the highest natural waterfall in the country. The water stream falls continuously from the hill top (83-meter height). Distance is 70 km from Moulvibazar Sadar, and 72 km from Sylhet.There is an Eco Park near the lake.
- Graveyard of Bir Shresta Shipahi Hamidur Rahaman, near Dholoi of Komolgonj
- Lawachara National Park
- Madhabpur Lake and Tea Garden
- Monipuri Tribal Village
- Parikunda and hakaluki haor (Kamalganj)
- Hazrat Kutub Sha Mazar
- Kamla Ranir Dhigi
- House of Lila Bati Nag First girl student of Dhaka Universty at Paj Gaow
- Kala Digir Haor
- Lal Durga Mondir at Paj Gao
- Durga Sadu at Khem Sahasro Village
- Pakhi Bari
- Kawa Lake
- Komolarani Lake
- Bharaura Lake
- Bilashchhara Lake
- Muraichora Eco Park
- Muraichhara Eco Park
- Rubber Plantation and Tila (Kulaura)
Upazilas and Subdivisions
- Moulvibazar Sadar
District Tourism Information
|Area||2,799.38 Square Kilometers|
|Geo Position / Location|
|BD Govt. Official Website||www.dcmoulvibazar.gov.bd|