List of Top Chittagong Tourist Spots
We have divided the tourist spots Upazila wise.
- Chittagong General Hospital
- Bayejid Bostami Shrine
- Central Railway Building
- Court Building – Situated on the Fairy Hill or Parir Pahar, it was built by East India Company. The building is huge, over 250 thousand square feet and has hundreds of rooms.
- Chittagong City Corporation Building
- Circuit House – Previously it was known as Circuit house where Zia-ur-Rahman was killed. To the memory of Zia, the Circuit house was declared as Zia Memorial Museum.
- Cheragee Pahad
- Chittagong College – It is in Jamal Khan, Chittagong, it has begun as Chittagong District school in 1836, it became an Intermediate college in 1869.
- Kadam Mubarak mosque, Andorkilla
- Chittagong Port – Located near the mouth of Karnaphuli, the Port has a recorded history from the 9th century. Today, this is the Principal Sea Port of the Country.
- Foy’s Lake – Fay’s lake is in Pahartoli, a satellite town. Now, this lake is widely moderated with various tourist spot including water world, kids sports zone, etc. by Concord Group.
- The Makkah Madina Trade Centre
- Ethnological Museum – This museum located in Agrabad is a treasure house of a variety of tribal culture and heritage of Bangladesh
- Chandanpura Mosque
- Roman Catholic Diocese
- Chittagong Medical College and Hospital – One of best medical college in Bangladesh and only specialized govt. Hospital in Chittagong.It was established in 1958.
- New Karnaphuli Bridge
- Shah Amanat International Airport – It is named after an Islamic saint, is an international airport in Chittagong city.It is the second largest airport in Bangladesh.
- Chittagong University of Engineering & Technology
- Asgar Ali Chowdhury Mosque
- War Cemetery – the British Army created the Chittagong War Cemetery in 1945.It is in the south-western corner of Medical College Hospital.
- Fouzdarhat Cadet College – Located on a 250-acre site at Fouzdarhat, about 16 kilometers from Chittagong Railway Station, this institution provides general education and military training.
- Hajji Mohsin College – It is on College Road, and it was established in 1874 as Chittagong Madrasa, Now it is college and area are covered almost 31 acres of land.
- Hazrat Shah Amanat Dargah Sharif – Hazrat Shah Amanat (R) a famous saint. It is in Kotowali, Patharghata.The Dargah Sharif lies to the central jail and east of the Laldighi.
- Patenga Beach – Patenga is a sea beach located 14 kilometers south of the port city. It is just beside the Shah Amanat International
- Parki Sea Beach – Parki Beach is situated in Gahira, Anwara thana under southern region. The beach lies about 28 km. away from the city.
- Dargah of Mohsin Awlia,
- Akbari Mosque,
- Church Bibi Mosque,
- Dhala Bibi Mosque,
- Monu Miah’s canon (now preserved in the National Museum)
- Baksi Hamid Mosque (1558),
- Jatebi Jami Mosque,
- Nabi Mosque (eighteenth century),
- Nim Kalibari (1710),
- Sikh Temple (Banigram).
- Sreepura Bura Mosque,
- Dewan Vita (c. 1711),
- Mazar of Hzrat Bu-ali Kalandar (R) at Karaldanga,
- Kalachan Thakur Bari (Popadia),
- Lalar Dighi (Kandhurkhil),
- Kanungopara Shyam Roy Mandir and
- Medos Hermitage.
- Three domed Khan Mosque (Bagicha Hat),
- Nabaratna Bihar (Satbaria),
- Buri Kali Mandir (Barama),
- Khan Dighi (Bagicha Hat)
- Company Tila
- Ahsan Ullah Gomasta Mosque
- Courtpar Buddhist Vihara
- Adullapur Buddhist Vihara
- Kalibari Mandir (Nanupur)
- Hazari Khil Jangal
- Alaul Mosque (1473-74),
- Fakir Mosque (1474-80),
- Wali Khan Mosque (1714-19),
- Hamja Khan Mosque (1682),
- Panchkari Chowdhury Bari,
- Lakshmi Saha Zamindar Bari.
- Machhdia Buddhist Temple (Adhunagar, 18th century),
- Buddhist Temple and other royal establishments at Chendirpuni,
- Gupta Zamindar Bari at Padua,
- Adhunagar Budhist Temple,
- Magadeshwari Temple at Maghdighi.
- Dhum Shila Pathar (Shantir Hat),
- Chhuti Khan Mosque,
- Paragal Khan Dighi,
- Nai Duari Mosque,
- Jagannath Dham (Abu Torab),
- Kali Mandir (Karerhat),
- Shantiniketan Vihara,
- Abhay Charan Vihara.
- Musa Khan Mosque (1658),
- Kura Katni Mosque at Harin Khain (1806),
- Kala Mosque at Kachuai (seventeenth century),
- Akbar Jami Mosque,
- Syed Kutub Tomb at Baralia,
- Bura Gosai’s Mandir,
- Jagannath Temple at Suchakradandi,
- Annapurna Temple,
- Jonardan Mandir, Shiva Mandir,
- Buddhist Monastery at Haidgaon,
- Buddha Padochinha Temple at Unainpura.
- Remnants of the palace Shukbilash (18th century),
- Ranir Pukur (Raja Hat),
- Pagla Mama Dargah (19th century),
- Shahen Shah Dargah (Pomara),
- Dharma Chakra Vihara (1750),
- Jagadhatri Mandir,
- Sree Sree Ramakrishna Mandir (Santiniketan),
- Shiva Chaturdashi Mandir (Parua),
- Krishna Mandir (Majumdarkhil),
- Sagar Dighi (Rajanagar),
- Mahamuni Buddhist Monastery,
- Jagannath Debaloy and the Gateway at Dabua,
- Koileswra Shiva Mandir and Shiva Statue at Dabua (19th century),
- Mohamuni Buddhist Temple at Pahartali,
- Chulamoni Buddhist Vihara at Lathichhari, Aburkhil Buddhist Vihara,
- Aryan Moitra Buddhist Vihara (sleeping statue),
- Isa Khan Dighi at Noajispur,
- Laskar Uzir Dighi at Kadalpur,
- Nabin Chandra Sen’s residenceand Memorial Monument at Guzara
- Noa Para, Jagatpur Asrama.
- Sandwip Upazila
- Dargaon Mosque (Satkania union),
- Deputy Mosque (15th century AD,Sonakania union),
- coins engraved with figure (13th century AD),
- Thakur Dighi (Satkania), Kotwal Dighi (Sonakania),
- Shiva Mandir (Dhemsa),
- Bomang Hat Church (Bazalia),
- Hindu Mandir (Kanchana).
- Sitakunda Upazila
Transportation and Communication
There is good transportation from Dhaka. By air, it takes 30 minutes, and by train, it takes 5-6 hours. Luxury buses are available from Motijeel, Gabloty and Shamoly. There is no river communication with Dhaka.
The district is known as the business capital of Bangladesh. There are a lot of real star hotels in this districts.
Hotel Favour Inn International
Orchid Business Hotel