Sunamganj Tourist Places are English Tilla, the house of Shah Abdul Karim, the house of poet Hason Raja and much more. The place is famous for Haors and Beels.
About Sunamganj District Information
It is a district under Sylhet Division. It is a located in north-eastern part of Bangladesh. Sunamganj is on the bank of Surma River. It was underwater in the ancient era. It is bounded by India on the north, Habiganj and Kishoreganj on the south, Sylhet on the east, Netrokona on the west. Postal code is 3000. The place is famous for Stone and sand business. The official website is Website www.sunamganj.gov.bd.
The district is bounded by Netrokona and greater Mymensingh districts on the west, Habiganj and Kishoreganj districts on the south, Khasia and Jaintia hills (India) on the north, Sylhet district on the east.
Sunamganj Tourist Places and Attractions
Upazilas wise tourist spots are given here. There are 11 sub-districts or Upazilas.
- Chhatak Tourist Places
- Chatok Cement Factory
- English Tila — Henry, wife of English stone businessman Gorce English had built this English Tila at Bagbari, Chatak Upazila in 1850 in memory of her beloved husband. It is 25 ft height. It is pyramid shaped structure.It is also named as Saheber Tilla.
- Bagbari Tilla
- Paper Mill
- Derai Tourist Spots
- Shah Abdul Karim
- Makhraj Mosque
- Tomb of Nagta Pir
- Garo Village
- Dharampasha Tourist Attractions
- Selbarash Jami Mosque
- Palash Jami Mosque
- Sukhair Kalibari Temple
- Kahala Kalibari,
- Maheshkhala Kalibari
- Dowarabazar Upazila
- Tenra Tilla Gas Field
- Temple of Jagannath Joe
- Bahra Sumeshwari Mandir
- Sunamganj Sadar
- Graveyard of 48 Martyr Freedom Fighter
- Hason Raja Memorial Royal Palace
- Ramkirna Mission
- Narayan Tala Christian Missionary
- Mohammad Mukam
- Town Jame Mosque
- Patharia Baishnab Akhra
- Remnants of ancient mosque at Gutigaon (Mangalkata),
- Mazar of Syed Umed Harun Bagdadi at Mohammadpur,
- Old building of Jubilee School.
- Dokkin Sunamganj
- Pagla Jami Mosque
- Tanguar Haor
- Laurer Garh
- Sha Arifin Astana
- Taker Ghat Lime Stone (CaCo3) Field
- Palace of Raja Bijoy Singh
How To Go
Buses are available from Saydabad, Fakirapul, and Gabtoli. Mamun Paribahan, Shamoli, and BRTC are the main bus service provider. The nearest airport is Sylhet.