Bengal Music Festival of 2017 will be held on 26 December at Dhanmondi’s Abahani Madth. Registration will start very soon. The festival is free of cost but registration is mandatory.
Bengal Music Festival Registration
For online registration may be done on the official website is http://bengalclassicalmusicfest.com/ for a limited time. Off-site registration will also be possible at the Gyantapas Abdur Razzak Bidyapeeth at Dhanmondi Road 7/A. There will be no registration facilities on-site during the festival. Registration will remain open only for a limited time, as the capacity of the festival is also finite.
Registration Process and Terms & Conditions
- Applicant must use a unique cell phone number (11 digits) for each registration. You can register only once using the same cell phone number.
- The 2-step registration process involves:
a. Filling up the registration form
b. Entering the verification code which you will receive via SMS after completing the form.
- The e-ticket will then be emailed to the email address provided.
- Gates will close at 12:00 am.
- No bags, cameras, outside food and drink, tobacco and tobacco-related products will be allowed inside.
- Multiple entries will not be allowed and there will be no car parking facility at the venue. Bengal Classical Music Festival ticketing terms and conditions.
Event Address and Location
The event will hold at Abahani Stadium, Dhaka. It is near Dhanmondi. The stadium uses for multi-purpose, mostly for football matches and concerts. The capacity of the stadium is 10,000 people. Every year in Winter Bengal Foundation organize a Classical Music Festival event. They offer it totally free.
Inauguration: Thu 26 DEC 2016 at 05:00 PM
Venue: Dhanmondi’s Abahani field
Helpline : ++8801881111 333
Entry: Free but need registration
Bengal Music Festival
The venue of Bengal Music Festival is at the Bangladesh Army Stadium Dhaka. Organized by Bengal Foundation and supported by ITC Sangeet Research Academy from India. Online Registration is here and to register via mobile, write -Bengal- and send to 6969.
The programme will begin at 7 pm every day and continue till dawn, as usual.
Artist Name schedule
Day 1: Tuesday 26 December
• Dr. L Subramaniam & Astana Symphony Philharmonic Orchestra
• Sarod by Rajrupa Chowdhury
• Khayal by Vidushi Padma Talwalkar
• Sitar by Firoz Khan
• Khayal by Supriya Das, Bengal Parampara Sangeetalay
• Flute by Rakesh Chaurasia and Sitar by Purbayan Chatterjee
Day 2: Wednesday, 27 December
• Kathak by Aditi Mangaldas Dance Company
• Tabla by Students of Bengal Parampara Sangeetalay,
• Santoor by Pandit Shivkumar Sharma
• Khayal by Pandit Ulhas Kashalkar
• Sitar by Ustad Shahid Parvez Khan
• Dhrupad by Avijit Kundu, Bengal Parampara Sangeetalay
• Flute by Pandit Ronu Majumdar and Sarod by Pandit Debojyoti Bose
Day 3: Thursday, 28 December
• Sitar by Students of Bengal Parampara Sangeetalay
• Ghatam & Kanjeera by Vidwan Vikku Vinayakram and Selvaganesh Vinayakram
• Khayal by Govt Music College
• Sarod by Abir Hossain
• Flute by Gazi Abdul Hakim
• Dhrupad by Pandit Uday Bhawalkar
• Violin by Vidushi Kala Ramnath
• Khayal by Pandit Ajoy Chakrabarty
Day 4: Friday, 29 December
• Nritya Chirantan: Manipuri, Bharatnatyam, and Kathak dance recital, by Sweety Das, Amit Chowdhury, Snata Shahrin, Sudeshna Shyamaprabha, Mehraj Haque Tushar and Zuairiyah Mouli
• Sarod by Students of Bengal Parampara Sangeetalay
• Khayal by Ustad Rashid Khan,
• Sarod by Pandit Tejendra Narayan Majumdar and
• Violin by Dr. Mysore Manjunath
• Khayal by Pandit Jasraj
• Cello by Saskia Rao de-Haas
• Sitar by Pandit Budhaditya Mukherjee
Day 5: Saturday, 30 December
• Odissi by Vidushi Sujata Mohapatra
• Mohan Veena by Pandit Vishwa Mohan Bhatt
• Khayal by Brajeswar Mukherjee
• Sitar by Pandit Kushal Das and Kalyanjit Das
• Khayal by Pandit Kaivalyakumar
• Flute by Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia
Note: Matters related to the event are subject to change without prior notice
How to go Dhaka Army Stadium
Dhanmondi’s Abahani field or Math is very near to Shankar bus stands. Main point is Sahabah. Tongi Diversion Rd is it another name. The music lovers have to cross Chair Bari, Banai Over Bridge, and Bangladesh Navy Head Quarters to reach the stadium. From Farmgate, most of the buses go to Army Stadium. From Uttara also most of the buses come to Army Stadium.
About Bengal Foundation
Bengal Foundation is a cultural organization in Bangladesh. It is the leading supporter of the arts and culture in Bangladesh. They organized music festivals and event in Bangladesh every year with the local and international artist. It had begun its journey in the late 80s. The founder and key person are Mr.Abul Khair.
Mission and vision of the Institute are to promote art, culture, music in Bangladesh. They provide the scholarship to the young Bangladeshi student to learn classical music. They played a prominent role in cultural movement in Bangladesh. Their official website is www.bengalfoundation.org.
Bus Service For the Music Festivals
The organizer will arrange bus services from the different part of Dhaka for Bengal Music Festival.
Source:: PDF Application Form Bengal Foundation
There is another music fest organized by Bengal Foundation that is Dhaka International Folk Festival. The event has started on 10 November.