Thakurgaon is a district under Rangpur Division. Main Thakurgaon Tourist Spots are Kantanagar Temple and Haripur Royal Palace.
It is in north-western side of Bangladesh. it is about 467 km from Dhaka. Takurgaon was split off Dinajpur as a separate district in 1984.There are many interest tourist places in the district, The district consists of 1458 mosques, 1026 temples, 12 churches and 3 tombs.
List of Top Thakurgaon Tourist Spots and Places
- Air Port situated at Modergonj (Destroyed during the Second World War)
- Ancient Hindu Temples – Haripur
- Bangla Garh
- Bolaka Park
- Gobinda Nagor Temple,
- Core of Ancient Building,
- Gorkoi Heritage
- Gorakkhya Nath Temple and adjecent Kupa and Inscription,
- Haripur Royal Palace
- Jagadal Zamindar Bari,
- Jagadal Royal Palace,
- Jomidar Mosjid at Shibganj,
- Jamalpur Jame Mosque
- kalpana city
- Khunia Dhighi Memorial
- Khunia Lake
- Kulic Rive
- Harinmari Shibmondir
- Hazrat Shah Nasiruddin Haider (R) saint Mazar in Nekmara
- Koram Khan Garh, Tangon Dam, Shapla Peala Lake,
- Malduar Royal Palac
- Raja Tonkanath Bari (Ranisankail upazila),
- Pirgonj Fun City,
- Ramrai Dighi Lake, it is a pond having 50 acres of area
- Ramrai Lake,
- Ranishagor Lake,
- Ranishankar Royal Palace,
- Saguni and Thumnia Sal forest (Pirganj upazila).
- Mango Tree (Ancient ) at Baliadangi Surjapuri
- Senua Bridge
- Tangon River
- Thaguregaon Sugar Mill,
- Thakurgaon Power Plant,
- Tongnath Royal Palace
- 500 acre shal garden on the bank of the Tangon River.
|Area||1809.52 Square Kilometers|
|Main River||Tangon, Punarbhaba, Nagar, Pathari, Talma, Kulic, Dhepa|
|Border||Panchagarh district on the north, Panchagarh and Dinajpur districts on the east, West Bengal of India on the south and west.|
|Geo Position / Location||23.20°N 89.80°E|
|Highest average temperature:33.5°c Celsius|
Lowest average temperature:10.5°c Celsius.
Average amount of rainfall is2536mm.
|BD Govt. Website||www.thakurgaon.gov.bd|
Related Web Links and Sources