Brahmanbaria Tourist Spots are Hatir Pool, Anderson Memorial and much more.Brahmanbaria (ব্রাহ্মণবাড়িয়া) is also known as Bbaria.
The district is in east-central of Bangladesh. It plainly means the place where Brahmins reside. Bbaria is a part of the Chittagong Division. It was part of greater Comilla District until 1984. At first, Isa Khan built his capital at Sarail and it is 10 km north of Bbaria Town. The area was a part of Samatat state. Later it was included in Tripura district in 1790. Currently, Brahman-baria was announced as a district on 15 Feb 1984. During the Mughal era, Brahmanbaria was famous for producing quality cloth Muslin. There are many interested tourist places to visit.
List of Top Brahmanbaria Tourist Spots
- Anderson Memorial (Kautali)
- Arphail Sagardighi Mosque and Twin Graves (sixteenth century, Sarail)
- Arphannesa Mosque (1662, Sarail)
- Bhadurghar Shahi Mosque (1084 AH)
- Basudeva Statue (Kalikachha)
- Bishnu Statue (Baghaura)
- Brahmanbaria Archives and Museum
- Buddhist Viharas (Devgram)
- Gangasagar Dighi
- Kalbhairab Mandir (Brahmanbaria)
- Hatir Pool (elephant bridge) at Baraiura
- Haraspur Zamindar Bari,
- Jagannath Mandir (Nasirnagar)
- Kailaghar Jangal (Kasba)
- Nabinagar Math
- Natghar Mandir
- Sree Sree Anandamoye Ashram (seventeenth century) at Kasba
- Swatidaha Mandir at Biddyakut
- Shiva Mandir (Natghar),
- Sarvadharma Samanya Mandir (Kalikachha)
- Tomb of Kalla Shahid (R, Akhaura)
- Ulchapara Mosque (sixteenth century)
- Zamindar Bari of Haripur
Upazilas and Thanas
- Brahmanbaria Sadar
Transportation and Communication
Road distance is 103 km from Dhaka. Rail, train, and bus are the primary transportation to reach Brahmanbaria. Brahmanbaria Sadar, And Akhuara are the main railway junction. Kamlapur is the main terminal in Dhaka. Buses are also available. Most of the bus stops are Gulisthan and Jatrabari. No airline communication is here.
Border and bounded By
- Kishoreganj District and Habiganj District on the north
- Comilla District on the south
- Habiganj District and Tripura State, India on the east
- Narayanganj District on the west.
Weather / Temperature
Highest average temperature: 34.3°c Celsius
- Lowest average temperature: 12.7°c Celsius.
- The average amount of rainfall: 2551 mm.
District Travel and Tourism Information for Travelers
|Area||1,927.11 Square Kilometers|
|Main River||Meghna River, the Titas River, Buri, and Haora|
|Geo Position / Location||23.9528°N 91.1167°E|
|BD Govt. Website||www.brahmanbaria.gov.bd|
Related Web Links