Myanmar Embassy Dhaka is at Baridhara Model Town in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Counselor office started to operate on 21 March 1972.
Myanmar Embassy Dhaka
Myanmar counselor office in Dhaka opened on March 26, 1951. After Bangladesh took the independent from East Pakistan on 16 December 1971, Myanmar and Bangladesh have close and cordial relations since the founding of Bangladesh in 1972. On 13 January 1972, Myanmar had given recognition to Bangladesh.
Myanmar is a neighboring country of Bangladesh. Most of the people are Buddhist there. It has a long historical communication with Bangladesh. Officially the country is known as the Republic of the Union of Myanmar and also popular as Burma.
The Capital is Naypyidaw. The largest city is Yangon or Rangoon. Currency is known as Kyat (K) (MMK). The calling code is +95. Visa is required to visit Myanmar for Bangladeshi citizen. By road, it is not possible to arrive Rangoon. Air is the only way.
Contact Address and Location
Embassy of the Union of Myanmar
House No.2, Road No.11, Baridhara Model Town,
Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
Phone : local: (02) 601.461
international: + 88-02 9888903, 9896331, 9896298, 9896373, 9889215
Fax : local: (02) 882.3740
International: + 88-02 8823740
Official Website: www.myanmarembassydhaka.com
Visa Collection Number: 8831804
Tourist Visa Form Download
- Only Tourists can apply tourist visa for tourism purpose.
- Ex-Myanmar is not allowed to apply for Tourist Visa.
- The Passport must have at least six months validity.
- An evidence of the trip:
- A copy of the air ticket/ itinerary,
- Hotel reservation or confirmation letter/travel itinerary from the tour operator must be attached.
- Tourist Visa is valid for (3) months from the date of issue.
- Duration of stay in Myanmar is 28 days from the time of arrival. It is not extendable.
- Visa Fee is TK 2000.