About American International University Bangladesh
The university got approval from University Grant Commission and the Education Ministry of Bangladesh in the year 1994. Dr. Anwarul Abedin had founded the university was. It is an independent educational institution with own board of trustees. The vision of the university is to promote professional and excellent leadership to meet the development needs of the country. The university is very much dedicated to build up world class professional by through its excellent computer-based academic programs. The university is member of American Chamber of Commerce in Bangladesh and Association of Management Development Institutions of Bangladesh. AIUB is ranked by UNESCO as an international university in the International University Handbook (IUH), 2006 edition.
Subjects and Departments
The University offers many courses in the field of engineering and business studies. It provides BSc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Engineering in Telecommunications, etc. The University is good for its BBA and MBA degree. The subjects in Business Studies include Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, MIS, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Human Resource Management, and Management Science, etc. There is also the faculty of arts and social science.
Facilities Available for the Students
AIUB offers various scholarships for the students based on their result in the HSC, SSC examinations and the semester final exams. There is also financial support for the underprivileged students. It has a tremendous library with thousands of books, journals, and periodicals. There are separate common rooms for both male and female students. The students can also participate in various co-curricular activities inside and outside the university. There are also language club and debating club for the students.
Admission Procedure and Eligibility
- Business Faculty admission the students must have combined GPA 6.00 in SSC and HSC examination with minimum GPA 2.75 in each examination.
- For admission in Arts and Social Science Faculty, the students must have minimum GPA 2.75 and combined GPA 5.50 in SSC and HSC examinations.
- Engineering students, the minimum required combined GPA is 6.00. The candidates must have Math in HSC level.
- The students have to collect admission form from the admission office and submit the application form with the following documents:
- Attested photocopies of marksheets and certificates of all the board examinations have to be submitted.
- Three copies of recently taken colored photos (Passport Size) are required.
- The children of the freedom fighters have to submit the provisional certificate from of Ministry of Liberation War, copy of national ID card of the freedom fighter as evidence.
Campus Location and Contact
House 83/B, Road 4, Kemal Ataturk Avenue, Banani, Dhaka-1213
Phone Number: 8820865, 9890804, 8811749
Email Address: email@example.com
For more information regarding American International University, please visit the official website of the university or contact with the given contact details.