Haripur Gas Field is at Jaintapur in District Sylhet. It has discovered on 1955. The short name is Sylhet Gas Fields Ltd (SGFL).
It is an oil company of Bangladesh under PETROBANGLA. Gas Production started from March 1961 after drilling. Pakistan govt drilled six wells at Haripur. Gas reserve (recoverable) is 466 BCF (3D Seismic 2012). It is now under the Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources.
At present, the Company has under its umbrella 5 gas fields. They are namely Sylhet (Haripur), Kailashtilla, Rashidpur, Beanibazar and Chatak with 13 producing gas wells. A condensate fractionation plant at Rashidpur has been installed and started production from 01 August 2009.
It is Twenty-two kilometers from Sylhet town and at 35 km. Point is the Jaintiapur Rajbari. It is on the way Sylhet Tamabil Highway after Sylhet cantonment.
Haripur Gas Field Sylhet
- 22 km from Sylhet Sadar City
- 35 km from Jaintiapur Rajbari
- On the way Sylhet Tamabil Highway
- District -Sylhet
- 246 km northeast of Dhaka
- Transportation=>Travel from Dhaka bus,train and private car
- Accommodation=>In hotel, bungalow, govt. rest house
- Postal code Sylhet-3100