Coxs Bazar Tourist Spots are sea beach, Inani, Buddist Pagodas, Teknak and much more. Here is the longest sea beach in Bangladesh.
Cox’s Bazar (কক্সবাজার) is a district under Chittagong division in Bangladesh. There is one of the longest sea beaches in the world. It is a continuous 125 km sandy seacoast with a gentle slope.
History and Background of Cox’s Bazar
The ancient name of Cox’s Bazar was Palongki. The meaning of Pyanoya is ‘yellow flower’. At the time British Raj (1799) a soldier came with a wooden boat here. His name was Captain Hiram Cox. He was appointed as a Superintendent of Palongkee at the time of British India in the 18th century. He established a market here, and the area is named after him. It is one of the most attractive tourist places for tourist. It mainly famous for the beach. The beach is the central attraction of the town. The town is 6.85 square km, and bounded by Bakkhali River on the North and East, Myanmar on the East, the Bay of Bengal in the West, and the Jhilwanj Union in the south. It is north of Bangladesh, on the south, Bandarban district and Arakan (Myanmar), Naf river on the east, the Bay of Bengal on the west.
It has the longest unbroken sea beach in the world around. Length is about 120 km long. It is named Cox’s Bazar from Captain Cox. He was a British Indian army. In honor Hiram Cox a Bazar was established in 1799. The district’s own some islands Maheskhali, Kutubdia Sonadia, Sahparira Island and Saint Martin.The district has 2300 mosques, 1200 Buddhist Pagoda, 700 churches and 400 temples. Main tourist season is November to February. Postal Code is 4700, and NWD Code is 0341. Main Attraction of Cox’s Bazar is sunrise and sunset.
Upazilas and Thans
There are eight Upazilas under this district, namely:
- Chakaria Upazila
- Coxs Bazar Sadar
Coxs Bazar Travel Spots
The place is one of the paradises for tourism. The sun rises and the sun down both can see from here. It is also a noted point for Buddhist traveler.
Coxs Bazar Sadar
- Inani Beach – Inani beach is famous for its golden sand. Located about 32 km to the south of the famous tourist destination of Coxs Bazaar
- Himchari Waterfall– – Himchari is one of the most attractive places for the visitors. Beautiful Waterfall. Located 12 km south of Coxs Bazaar Town and 6 km from the Kalatali beach by the hill.
- Himachari picnic spot under Forest Department
- Radar Station
- Kalatoli Beach
- Laboni Beach
- Christmas Tree -Himchori
- Charang gata
- Cricket Stadium
- Rakhan Para
- Burmiz Market
- Archaeological heritage
- Mahasindogri Buddhist temple (মাহাসিংদোগ্রী বৌদ্ধ মন্দিরের)
- Dhula Fakir Mazar at Islampur
- A single-domed mosque in Jhilwanja union (twelfth century)
- Aggmeda Khyang Monastery – A large Buddhist monastery, and a place revered by around 400,000 Buddhist people of Coxs Bazaar and the Chittagong Hill Tracts. The main sanctuary is posted on a series of round timber columns.
- Badar Mokam Mosque – It is the oldest mosque in the city. There is a local rumor, and it was named after Pir Bararsha. The mosque is located on the south bank of Bak Khali river near in Cox’s Bazar Sadar police station.
- Hilltop Circuit House: It is near the southwest district council building.For a moment it may be like Darjeeling of India. Tourist can see the billow of the Bay of Bengal from the top.
- Radar Station– Near the top of Hilltop Circuit House. The radar device in collaboration with the Swedish child welfare agencies and the Red Crescent Society and was established in 1968.
- Buddhist Keyang at Ramkot
- Buddhist Keyang at Lamarpara
- Rubber Garden
- Jami Mosque
- Lamar para temple
- Lamarpara Buddhist Keyang, (in Ukhia)
- Ram Sitar mandir
- Ramkot Hindu Mandir
- Ramkot Buddhist Keyang
- Patabari Buddhist Keyang
- Tomb of Qutub Awliya
- Pagodas Jadi – It is a Buddhist temple. In 1790 Arakan community built it.
- Adinath temple (Maheskhali)
- Maheskhali Island – Moheshkhali is a jewel among the attractions of Coxs Bazaar. The island is famous for its beauty and tranquility. Numerous eager rickshaw pullers patiently wait for the arrival of tourist and offer them an exclusive tour of the island.
- Dulhazra Safari Park Chakaria – Dulahazra Safari Park was developed on an undulating landscape of around 2,224 acres of area at Chakaria Upazila in Coxs Bazar District, wild elephants which are native to the area.
- Roses Farming Project: They cultivate rose flower approximately 50 acres of land in a private sector. It is in Cakariya Upajela Harbang area.
- Tomb of Shah Umar (in Chakoria)
- Bir Kamla dighi in Teknaf
- Broken Hills
- Well of Mathin, (in Kutubdia)
- Hasher Dighi
- Kalarma Masjid
- Kanabazar underground channel in Cox’s Bazar
- Para or Ajgabi Mosque – It was built in 1600-1700 AD during the reign of Shah Shuja. The campground is located on the north side of the BGB camp.
- Rubber Dam – Rubber dams in the Bakkhali River and Idagaon Khal in Coxs Bazaar district that would supply irrigation water to 8,000 hectares for rice cultivation.
- Satgumbad Masjid of Fazl Quke at Manikpur
- Saint Martins Island – Saint Martins is the only coral island in Bangladesh, approximately 9 km south of the tip of the Coxs Bazar-Teknaf peninsula.
- Sonadia Island -Sonadia is a small crescent shaped island. 7-km northwest of Coxs Bazar.The sight of game birds is migrating Sonadia Island in huge numbers through the winter seasons.
- Single domed mosque at Jhilanga
- Shing Shaja temple 100ft
- Teknaf -It is about 100 km far away from Coxs Bazar.This is the only place Bangladesh which is connected with Myanmar by a small river called Naf River of Bangladesh.
Transportation and Communication
There is three type of transport communication with Dhaka. That is the bus, train, and road. Bangladesh Biman, United Air, Regent and Novi Air have their flight. By air, it takes 60 minutes time. There is luxury bus service with Dhaka. By train, passengers need to go first Chittagong g and then by bus. It is 154 km from far from Chittagong.
Cox’s Bazar Google Satellite Maps
Hotels and Accommodations
There are a lot of hotels nearby the seashore. They are five stars to budget hotels. Among them Hotel Seagull, Sea Crown, Nilima Resort are popular. Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation has their won complex there. November to February are the peak seasons here. Sea fishes are available there. Alcohol is not are available.