University Development Alternative is one of the famous private universities in Bangladesh. The nickname of the University is UODA. The main campus is Satmosjid Road at Dhanmondi in Dhaka.
About University Development Alternative
The university started the journey with the goal of building up skilled, self-reliant and confident young generation for the development of the nation. The university got approval from the Ministry of Education of Bangladesh and University Grant Commission (UGC) in the year 2002. At present, there are six faculties in the university. The University offers the 4-year honors degree in fourteen subjects. The students are also offered the masters degree in their respective subjects. Since, the establishment of the university, it has been playing a significant role in the development of the education sector of Bangladesh.
Subjects and Departments
The university provides both honors and masters degrees in various subjects. The major faculties of the university are- Science, Business, Arts, and Engineering. It provides the degree in Electronics and computer engineering. The major subjects in the business faculty involve- Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Management, and Human Resource Management. It also provides degrees in Bengali, English, Social Science, Political Science, and Fine Arts. The university has a large number of permanent and guest teachers who are committed to providing the best education to the students. The teachers are motivated to establish the mission and vision of the university.
Facilities Available for the Students
Among all the private universities in Bangladesh, the tuition fee of UODA University is the lowest. The University provides equal opportunity for both male and female students. It has transportation facility for the students. The university has own buses and microbuses to carry students to the university. UODA University provides hostel facility for all of its students. The hostels of the university are located near to the campus which is very convenient for the students. It offers various scholarships to the meritorious and underprivileged students. It has a library will sufficient books for the students. The university has the computer lab with high-speed internet connection.
Admission Procedure and Eligibility
- The students must have minimum GPA 2.5 in both SSC and HSC board examination. The combined GPA of the students in SSC and HSC examination has to be 6.00.
- For the children of freedom fighters the minimum required combined GPA is 5.00 in both SSC and SSC examination.
- The A-level students must minimum 2 subjects with B grade or students must have 3 subjects with minimum 2 Cs. The O-level students must have 5 subjects with 3 Bs.
- For the students from SAARC countries, the admission requirement is minimum 12 years of schooling.
- The students can download the admission form from the official website of the university and submit the application form in the admission office during the office hours.
Campus Location and Contact Information
80, Satmosjid Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1209
Phone Number- 02 9145741, 01684022585
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: www.uoda.edu.bd
For more information regarding the University Development Alternative or UODA, Please visit the official website of the university or touch with the admission office with the given contact details.