University of Science and Technology is one of the renowned universities in Bangladesh located at Foy’s Lake, Chittagong- 4202. The nickname of the university is USTC.
About University of Science Technology Chittagong
The university started its journey in 13th May, 1989 with 42 students. In the beginning, the university was affiliated with University of Chittagong. The aim of the university is to develop human resource skilled in science and technology. In the beginning, the university mainly focused on providing quality education on Medical, Engineering, Pharmaceuticals, and Social Science. The source of fund of the university is mainly Anwara-Nur welfare trust and the donations by the guardians of the students. Science establishment, the university has been playing a very crucial role in the development of skilled human resource in Bangladesh.
Subjects and Departments
At present there are 4 faculties in this university. The name the faculties are- Faculty of Basic Medical and Pharmaceutical Science, Business Administration, Medicine, Science and Engineering, and Social Science. The university provides degree in Computer Engineering, Architecture, Electronics Engineering and Pharmaceuticals. The university has also incorporated Dental education in its portfolio. The subjects in the Business Administration include- Accounting, Marketing, Management, Finance and Human Resource Management. The teachers of this university are highly dedicated to provide world class education to the students.
Facilities Available for the Students
Every year many foreign students take admission in this university especially from India, Srilanka, and other South Asian countries. The university has a very big Auditorium that can accommodate 400 plus students. The auditorium has very good lighting and sound system. Mainly seminars and workshops take place in the auditorium and the students also get the opportunity to participate in these seminars. The university has well equipped laboratories. The classrooms of the university are modern with computer and projector. All the classrooms are air conditioned. There is also hospital facility for the students in the campus. The central library of the university has 11795 plus books with 6500 journals.
Application Procedure and Eligibility
- For Bachelor in Business Administration or BBA the candidates must have GPA 3.5 in both SSC and HSC examination.
- For the students of Arts and Science background, the students must have minimum GPA 2.5 in both SSC examinations.
- The students have of O-level must have passed 5 papers and A-level 2 papers with minimum C grade in both the level.
- The international students can also apply for admission. They have to send their documents through their Bangladeshi Embassy. The Ministry of Education of Bangladesh will verify the documents.
- The candidates will have to sit for a rigorous admission test and only the students in the merit list will get the opportunity to get admission in the university.
Campus Location and Contact Information
USTC, Foy’s Lake, Chittagong-4202, Bangladesh
Phone Number: 88 031 659070, 659593-94
Fax: 88 031 65945
Email Address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: www.ustc.ac.bd
For more information regarding the university, please visit the official website of the university or contact with the office with the given contact information.