Bogra tourist spots are Mahasthan Garh, Gokul Medh and much more. The old name is Pundravardhana. The place is famous for the ancient civilization.
Bogra District Information
Bogura (বগুড়া) is a District of Rajshahi Division in Bangladesh. It is the nerve center of Northern Bangladesh. Bogra is a bridge between the Rajshahi Division and Rangpur Division. Bogra was a part of the old Pundravardhana territory. It was the capital of Pundravardhana. The notable personality of Bagura is Prafulla Chaki (1888–1908) and former prime minister of Pakistan Mohammad Ali Bogra.
Bogra has 12 Subdistricts. They are Adamdighi, Bogra Sadar, Sherpur, Dhunat, Dhupchanchia, Gabtali, Kahaloo, Nandigram, Shajahanpur, Sariakandi, Shibganj, and Sonatala Upazila.
Joypurhat and Gaibandha districts on the north, the Chalan Beel, Natore and Sirajganj districts on the south, Jamuna river and Jamalpur district on the east, Part of Chalan Beel, Naogaon and Natore districts on the west.
Top Bogra Tourist Spots
Here is the top list of Bogra Tourist Spots and Attraction in Bangladesh.
- Bogra Sadar
- Nawab Palace (used as Neelkuthi during the British period),
- Jaina Temple,
- House of Sabrul Raja at Anwarpur
- Gokul Medh – Behula Lakshindar Bashor Ghor
- Vimer Jangle,
- Karu Palli
- Bara Masjid
- Wonderland Shishupark (children park)
- Shanewaz Shishu Bagan
- Adamdighi Upazila
- Kaboi Rajbari (palace),
- Kalachand Temple.
- Shibganj Upazila
- Mahasthan Garh (Roynagar)
- Parshuram’s Palace
- Vasu Vihara.
- Mazar (tomb) of Shah Sultan Balkhi
- Bihar Hat Jami Mosque
- Dhupchanchia Upazila
- Goyabandh Mazar,
- Mazar of Pir Ziauddin,
- Gobindapur Temple (Gobindapur union).
- Sherpur Upazila
- Palli Unnayan Academy’ Tourist Centre,
- Soudia Park City Amusement Centre.
- Sirajnagar Mosque,
- Sher Shah Mosque,
- Kherua Mosque,
- Bhabanipur Kali Mandir,
- Gobinda Rai Mandir
- Dhunat Upazila
Durgabhaban at Elangi Bandar,
- Joarkhali Madrasa,
- House of Badsha Sekander at village Berer Bari
- Shahjahanpur Upazila
- Khadash Rajbari (Gohail),
- Three doomed Gohail Jami Mosque built by Pandit Shah,
- Buddhist Math (Bergari),
- Jami Mosque (Ullah Akanda Para)
- Gabtali Upazila
- Kalimandir and Mahashashan (1757 AD, Amtali village),
- Mosque and Tomb of Madar Shah Gazi (Baghbari village)
- Sariakandi Upazila
- Residence of zamindar Kashi Roy at village Harina under Fulbari union,
- Remnants of’ Neelkuthi
- Sonatala Upazila
- Pakulla Ahle Hadith Jami Mosque,
- Ancient fort at Garh Fatehpur
- Kahaloo Upazila
- Mahadeva Jogi Rishi Mandir (Paikar union),
- Zamindar Kachari (Narahatta)
How to Go
From Dhaka, bus and train communition is better. The nearest airport is is Sayedpur and Rajshahi.
Hotel and Accommodations
Guest house, government rest house hotel is available in Bogra.