Jagannath University is in Dhaka near the Buriganga River. It was established as a university in 2005. JNB is its short name. Present rank is 11958.
About Jagannath University
Dhaka Brahma Samaj built it as a school almost 150 years back. The Zamindar of Baliadi renamed it as Jagannath college after his father’s name. Today, the Institute is accredited as an established university with 4 Faculties & 22 Departments. Every year they offer admission test for the new students, who has passed newly HSC examination for 1st year BA, BSc, MA, MSc, Honours, Master, LLB. They publish admission form, result, and seat plan on their own website.
Academic departments and faculties
Faculty of Arts
Life and Earth Sciences
Jagannath University Admission Procedure and Eligibility
Admission is processed only on the basis of the Admission Test. The University authrity conduct this. Students who have passed SSC 2010, 2011 and HSC 2012, 2013 can apply for admission test for A, B, C, D units. Make sure that the applicants have to get GPA 7.5 and other unit GPA 7. Students can apply by SMS or via Teletalk Mobile.
SMS: JNU DHA 123456 2013 DHA 123456 2011 A
A Unit: Friday, September 12, 2014. at 03:00pm to 4:30pm
B Unit: Friday, September 19, 2014 at 03:00pm to 4:30pm
C Unit: Friday, September 05, 2014 at 03:00pm to 4:30pm
D Unit: Friday, September 26, 2014 at 03:00pm to 4:30pm
E Unit: Saturday, September 13, 2014 at 03:00pm to 4:30pm
BDT- 350 for ABCD
BDT-450 for E
Foreign student admission facilities:
Local students have to pay
1,000-2,500 US$ (750-1,800 Euro)-Undergraduate Programs
1,000-2,500 US$ (750-1,800 Euro)-Postgraduate Programs
International students have to pay
2,500-5,000 US$ (1,800-3,700 Euro)- Undergraduate Programs
2,500-5,000 US$ (1,800-3,700 Euro)- Postgraduate Programs
Hostel facilities and accommodation
There are 2/3 hostels for the students at presentl. Those are Habibur Rahman Hall and Bani Bhaban.
There are many other hostels that are illegally possessed, which are-
The Tibbet Hostel at Kumartuli
Bazlur Rahman Hostel
Shahid Anwar Shafik Hostel
Abdur Rahman Hostel at Armanitola
Saidur Rahman Hostel
Rouf Majumder Hostel
Shaheed Ajmal Hossain Hostel
Nazrul Islam Hostel
The Admission Test of JNU will be completed on September 26, 2014. The Test Results will be published on the 1st week of October, 2014.
Applicants can access the SMS services to know the results.
SMS Format: JNURollunit and send it to 16242
Scholarship offers For Underprivileged Bangladeshi Youths. This program is conducted by Nobel Laureate Professor Md. Yunus in collaboration of the Taylor University.
The eligibility to attend the scholarship content:
1. The Academic qualification of contestants should be minimum 80% in Higher Secondary Certificate Examination or A-level (ABB).
2. The exact Age limit for Undergraduate program is minimum 18 years and maximum would be 20 years as at 1st January 2013.
3. The students should be active in extracurricular activities besides other previous achievements.
4. Candidates have innovative skills.
5. The leadership potential of the students will be judged.
6. Candidates have to submit an essay of 300- 500 words on the topic: “With a degree from Taylor’s University, my contributions to the society will be…. ( It will be better if the essay is written with some life events and experiences)
* Total value of household income of the candidates should not increase USD 600 (which is almost Tk. 48,000) per month.
Location and Address of University
( Physical address/Phone/email/Fax/website):The permanent and main campus address of the university is-
9-10, Chitta Ranjan Avenue
Phone- +880-2-7110415, 7174901, 7119731,
Official Website: www.jnu.ac.bd