About East West University Bangladesh
The university got approval from University Grant Commission (UGC) and the Ministry of Education of Bangladesh government in the year 1992. It started its journey in the year 1996, September. At first, there were only 20 students and six faculty members. At present, there are about 281 faculty members and about 8000 In the varsity. They enroll in various departments and programs. The University is rated among the top universities in Bangladesh. It is a unique institution that blends the eastern cultural values with Western thoughts and innovation. The University is committed to being equal opportunity provider, transparent and accountable to the society. The contribution of this university in the improvement of the private higher education sector of the nation is very significant.
Subjects and Departments
The university runs many graduate programs. The major departments of the university include- Department of English, economics, business administration (BBA and MBA), social relations, electronic and communications engineering, applied statistics, pharmacy. The university provides both honors and masters degree in the subjects mentioned above. The teachers of the university are very diligent and good. They are very much committed to providing the highest quality education to the students.
Facilities Available for the Students
East West University brings numerous facilities for the students. There are lab facility, research facility, internet and computing facilities for the students. The other services provided by the university include spacious air-conditioned classrooms, free email and internet access, medical center, prayer room, cafeteria, and study rooms. The university also has separate common room facility for both male and female students.
Admission Procedure and Eligibility
- The candidates must have minimum GPA-2.5 in both HSC and SSC board examinations. For the children of freedom fighters the total GPA- 5 is required combining results of SSC and HSC.
- The O-level candidates in 5 subjects and the A-level candidates in 2 subjects must have GPA 4 and 3.5 consecutively.
- The final selection of the candidates is made based on the results in the admission test held by the university. The final result is calculated by combining the result of admission test, SSC and HSC examination.
- There is waiver from admission test for some candidates. The candidates having score of 1500 in SAT need not participate in the admission test. They can get admitted directly in the university.
- The foreign students must have 12 years of schooling, and SAT score of 1100 to be able to get admitted in this university. They have to send their papers through their foreign ministry.
Campus Location and Contact Information
A/2, Jahurul Islam Avenue
Jahurul Islam City, Aftabnagar, Dhaka-1212
Phone: 9858261, 09666775577, 01755587224
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Official Website: www.ewubd.edu
For more information regarding East-West University, please visit the official website of the university or contact with the office with the given contact details.